5274 Outer Stowe Street
Lowville, NY - 13367
Fax Number: (315) 376-4112
Lewis County DSS Details
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP, is a federally funded program that assists low-income households purchase nutritious food at authorized grocery stores and other retailers. Individuals must apply for this program and provide all the required documentation. If approved, recipients receive an electronic benefit card (EBT), which is similar to a debit card. The SNAP benefit is provided monthly directly into the EBT card. Amount of SNAP benefit is based on household size, income and other factors.
- Social security numbers
- Proof of residence
- Proof of alien status
- Proof of earned Income and unearned Income
- Proof of child care expenses if applicable
- Proof of medical expenses if applicable
- Additional documentation pertinent to program guidelines might be requested
- Breads and cereals
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meats, fish and poultry
- Dairy products
- Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat
Ineligible Purchases (SNAP benefits cannot be used for):
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
- Any nonfood items, such as: pet foods, soaps, paper products, household supplies, vitamins and medicines
- Food that will be eaten in the store
- Prepared or hot foods
Contact the office for additional information.
Mission Statement Our mission is to focus on the well being and safety of children, adults & families through a variety of economic supports and services.
- Monday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Wednesday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Saturday closed
- Sunday closed
Need More InformationWe always need more information on our offices so we can keep up to date on changes. If you know of any details that we missed, a new website, hours have changed, etc, please add a comment (below the map on this page), with information. We will then display this for all visitors on this page.
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Lewis County DSS.
Post Comments and Reviews
Comments are made for SnapOffices.com reviews of Lewis County DSS, or updates to be made to our website. If you need to contact Lewis County DSS, you will need to call them at the phone number provided or visit the website we provide for them above.