2133 Oak Park Blvd
Lake Charles, LA - 70601
Fax Number: (225) 663-3164
Calcasieu Parish DCFS Office Details
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP, is part of a federal nutrition program that helps qualifying low-income households purchase nutritious food. This program is designed to increase their nutritional level so that households can stay healthy. Individuals must apply for the program and provide all the required documentation.
- Identity: Driver's license, work or school ID, voter's registration card or birth certificate
- Alien status: U.S Citizen or a card from USCIS that prove the person is a legal alien
- Wages: Last 4 pay check stubs or employer's statement for each person who works
- Self-Employment: Income tax returns, sales records, quarterly tax records, personal wage records
- Other income: Contributions, child support, alimony, SSI, retirement checks, unemployment compensation
- Income that stopped within the last 3 months: Pink slip, termination notice
- Medical expenses: receipts, pharmacy printouts for last 3 months, doctors bills or papers that show medical expenses for household members who are disabled or over age 59.
- Child support payments made to someone outside of the household
How to apply:
Online: fill out the application and gather all documentation to verify information in the application.
Print: download application, fill it out by hand and gather all documentation needed to verify the information in application then fax it to 225-663-3164, drop it off at your nearest local office or mail completed form and supporting documentation to:
DCFS Economic Stability
PO BOX 260031
Baton Rouge, LA 70826
If you need an application mailed to your address please email LAHelpU.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578). Please NOTE that applications CANNOT be emailed.
After the application is filed, a case worker might contact the individual applying for SNAP benefits if additional information is required. Please note that a decision cannot be made until all the required information is provided. Once it is determined that the applicant is eligible for SNAP benefits, an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, referred to as the Louisiana Purchase Card will be sent via mail to the address provided in the application. It will also include instructions on how to activate the card and choose a Personal Identification Number (PIN).
The amount of benefit provided is based on income, resources and the number of individuals in the household. SNAP benefits are issued monthly on the Louisiana Purchase Card. This card can be used just like a debit card at authorized grocery stores and food retailers.
Contact the office for additional information.
Mission Statement DCFS is working to keep children safe, helping individuals and families become self-sufficient, and providing safe refuge during disasters.
Need More InformationWe always need more information on our offices so we can keep up to date on changes. If you know of any details that we missed, a new website, hours have changed, etc, please add a comment (below the map on this page), with information. We will then display this for all visitors on this page.
User questions and answersHelp our users find out more about Calcasieu Parish DCFS Office.
Post Comments and Reviews
Comments are made for SnapOffices.com reviews of Calcasieu Parish DCFS Office, or updates to be made to our website. If you need to contact Calcasieu Parish DCFS Office, you will need to call them at the phone number provided or visit the website we provide for them above.